Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mosque Cake for a wedding gift exchange


My aunty called me about a week before her wedding and asked me if I can make her a cake as a gift exchange.  Of course I was delighted and took the chance to play with fondant again *LOL* She didn't say what she wanted and left everything to me to decide.  After much thought, I decided to do a mosque cake which I think was the most appropriate to give to her then husband to be.  I like things that are simple and so came up with this.  This is not entirely my creation as I got the inspiration from a box that is shaped as a mosque.  I scaled it down and finally end up with this.  As I was running out of time, I used styrofoam for the dome :-P  Overall I was pretty pleased and glad that they loved it... including the cake *LOL*


2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I like you new blog and as a form of encouragement, my blog site Mama Bea's has nominated you for the Liebster Award! I'd love to see more awesome posts from you for you have an amazing talent! God Bless You!

    Come here to see your nomination: http://bea-passionate.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/mama-beas-big-announcement.html

    Mama Bea (aka Bea)

    ReplyDelete
  2. salut
    ton gâteau est vraiment magnifique, super réalisation.
    ta tante a beaucoup de chance d'avoir eu un aussi beau gâteau, sa donne pas envie de prendre un couteau et de la couper, tellement il est beau.
    bonne continuation

    ReplyDelete