Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wrinkly Upin & Ipin cake

This cake was made for my dear niece in the month of January. This cake was not my best as you can see the wrinkly icing sheet :-( . I was very unhappy about it but I was really short of time to do any other changes. In fact, this is the first time I am encountering such problem and I suspect that I might have overwhipped the cream and introduced too much air into the cream. I used non-dairy whipping cream and probably took it for granted that the cream will not breakdown .. *LOL*

Anyways, the Upin & Ipin characters were made of chocolate and filled with piping gel. This is how I did:

1. Print the character in mirror image
2. Take a piece of tracing paper and place it over the printed image. Best is to have a cake board underneath and tape both the papers to it.
3. Melt some chocolate and let it cool a little bit before you start tracing the outline. If you use while it is still warm, the chocolate will be too runny to use for tracing.
4. Once you have done the outline, chill it in the refrigerator.
5. Melt some white chocolate and let it cool a little bit
6. Fill up the spaces and the outline with the white chocolate and chill it till it hardens
7. Prepare the piping gel and add colours to them
8. Gently peel the chocolate off the tracing paper and place it on the cake
9. Using a mini off set spatula, cover the white spaces with the gel

I hope the above is easy enough for you to visualise :-)

Happy trying !

No comments:

Post a Comment